Back to Search
KH Credit Union
May 16, 2022
Accountant - Job Description
How We Care for Your Financial Health
You want to work for an organization where you not only have fun but also make a difference. A business that grows as you grow. A place where you can do well by doing good. That’s Caring for Your Financial Health. And that is KH Credit Union.
Our unique team of experts have the privilege of serving the professionals of Kettering Heath in many ways. Below you will find a list of the most common responsibilities of this particular role. You know, all that stuff Legal and HR expect us to tell you.
But the most important duty of anyone in any position on the KH Credit Union team is to support each other and our members in any reasonable manner possible. This is what continues to make our work environment a positive one for everyone every day. If you adhere to that you'll be fine and you'll probably find that you enjoy working here for quite some time.
Most of the individuals we have the pleasure to serve are employees of Kettering Health - a not-for-profit network of eight hospitals, Kettering College, and over 120 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. They are committed to transforming the healthcare experience with world class health services for every stage of life.
As a faith-based organization, Kettering Health is dedicated to treating all patients with love and respect regardless of religious preference. Multi-denominational Spiritual Services are offered at the network every day.
To patients, Kettering Health means the best quality of care available in the Dayton area and an experience that puts them at ease. That is the feeling we foster with our members and each other when providing them with Caring for Your Financial Health service.
You will find that the team members of KH CU, including our Accountants, share the same values as the employees of Kettering Health including providing members with world-class services and an experience that includes love and respect.
The Accountant is primarily expected to perform all functions related to financial reporting and recordkeeping.
4 year business degree in accounting or finance required.
Previous banking/cash handling experience preferred. Must have a strong working knowledge of GAAP, banking processes, rules, and regulations. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills. Must have strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize workload, and ability to work independently. Must be able to work flexible hours and be capable of making decisions within the scope of responsibility while working with the member.
• Perform accounting functions to include AP, AR, budgets, cost management, financial analysis, financial reporting and recordkeeping, G/l investments, and payroll.
• Ensure all activities of the department are in accordance with GAAP and the accounting records are maintained accurately and in compliance with laws and regulations.
• Responsible for general ledger reconciliation, analysis of financial accounts, and preparation of journal entries. Provide end-of-month close and produce monthly financial statements.
• Prepare, pay, and file all accounts payable as well as to research and resolve discrepancies.
• Prepare and enter daily and monthly general ledger transactions including investment activity and schedules.
• Perform daily balancing of credit card, debit card, and shared branching activity.
• Research and adjust all open items, cash imbalances and variances.
• Monitor fixed asset management. Set-up and run all prepaid and fixed asset items in the depreciation program.
• Perform the posting of daily automated and electronic transmission files including ACH, share draft, bill pay, ATM/Debit fees, and wire transfers.
• Responsible for the timely completion of NCUA 5300 report and ALM report on a quarterly basis.
• Perform surprise quarterly cash audits at all branches
• Complete annual unclaimed funds report in a timely fashion.
• Print and file all IRS tax forms by deadlines.
• Act as a liaison and assist with the state and external auditors.
• Monitor the Credit Union’s investment portfolio to assure timely investment decisions as investments mature.
• Place investments for the Credit Union as directed by Management and monthly reporting
• Other duties as assigned including an understanding that Caring for Your Financial Health grows the credit union, the members’ financial stability, and all employees’ career opportunities.
• A good attendance is very important. The normal working shift is Monday thru Friday 8:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.